Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A few of my favorite things -- April's Birchbox 2014

As I mentioned before I love my beauty boxes. I have been getting them for a while and decided maybe I should start reviewing them, I see so many bloggers review them and it gives me a good idea if its a good deal and/or worth my time and money. So I will review the ones I get every month so others can see what all the excitement is about and decide if it is worth their time and money also.

So first up is the notorious birchbox... This box has a great points system, you pay $10 a month for 5-7 high end samples, full size, deluxe travel items (with the occasional snack or lifestyle item thrown is as a birchbox find). Once you receive your box you review your items on the website to turn it into "cash" to spend in their store. Each review is worth 10 points which equals $1 so if you do your surveys every month you end up getting back $5-7 of the $10 you paid. You can start redeeming your points at 100 points which is $10... Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. 

So lets move on to the goodies...
This month I received 4 beauty items and a lifestyle extra. The tissue paper was a pretty blue to coordinate with spring, and everyone received 1 of 52 rainy day tips, to help us get through the spring showers...

My first item was a Sumita Color Contrast eyeliner in the color jamun (deep purple) This was a "sample"size but I own the full size in black and this is about 2/3rd the size of a full size, so I am quite impressed with the size of this sample. Full size retails for $11.00. 
All in all I love this brand I already own some colors in this brand so it was a nice treat to not get black and get a new color to try. 

Next up is a color club polish in breakfast at... (Tiffany's) from the Gala gems collection. It is a beautiful Tiffany box color and comes in 3 other shades that are very upscale and sophisticated. This is a mini but lets face it, who actually uses a full size polish before they get bored or it gets old. This is why I love mini's. The retail for this is $13.00 for all 4 mini's 

Next... Is the KIND healthy grain bars. I got Maple Pumpkin Seeds. I love KIND bars, they are our go to snack for me and the girls when we are to busy to actually make something ;) This one was really good however I did only get a bite (remember the whole 5 kids thing, well they ganged up against me to taste it) The retail for this is $11.88 a box and you get 15 bars... Not to shabby for a healthy snack. I would much prefer my kids eat these over a snickers bar. 

Then... I received Miss Jessie's transitioner's magic... This product is supposed to help tame wildly curly hair, it looks like it is intended for relaxed hair (so not to sure why I received it) but after some digging I realized it seems to be a great "anti frizz" creme and is very natural and doesn't contain added junk or chemicals. The way birchbox describes it is like this. Part leave-in conditioner, part styling product, this treatment is a champion multitasker. It protects and reinvigorates relaxed hair, hydrates natural hair, and creates soft, bouncy curls and waves. The smoothing formula helps your final style stay in place—with ultrasoft, touchable hold. So I can't wait to give it a fair shot.  I will admit this is a love hate item. Its alot of product in the sample BUT its a foil pack so its so hard to keep from turning into a massive mess and spilling out everywhere. However I do love that I can try this a few times before deciding if this is for my hair type or not. Just wish it had come in a tube. The retail for this is $22.00 for 8 oz. 

And last but certainly not least is the... Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body wash. The run down on this is its supposed to give you the feeling of a seaweed body wrap every time you bathe... Hmmm We will have to see about that. What I do love is the sample looks like I can squeeze at least a week out of it and it smells AMAZING... I will keep you posted on the results of this one. The retail for this is $15.00 for 8 oz. 

All in all I like Birchbox, it gives you a good mix every month of hair, make up, skin care and some fun foodie items too. I have received chocolate, teas, and other things in the past that kinda perks up your spirits through out the month. Of course the point system is awesome too... If you are interested in trying it for yourself here is the link with some info to all things Birchbox...



Have a wonderful day and thanks for taking the time to read my review. 



No comments:

Post a Comment