Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Ipsy--April 2014

Ipsy is another one of my favorite subscription services. It is also only $10 a month and comes with 4-5 travel and full size items a month. One difference between Ipsy and Birchbox is Ipsy's products are not as "high end" as Birchbox so 9 out of 10 times you will receive the full size item. Also its more make up than hair or skin care. Don't get me wrong you will receive those, Like this month I received 3 make up and 1 skin care and 1 hair care but its mainly make up. But awesome in its own way.

Ipsy also has points but its a little different you can redeem your points every time you earn 1,000 points on select items. Normally 3 options. The options are usually really cool and free but they do not have a store like Birchbox. You also have to review your products every month to receive your points just like birchbox. This company was founded by a beauty legend named Michelle Phan and items are hand picked every month for you based on a quiz you take. The also love feedback and have great customer service. So on to the part you all came here to see... Whats in my bag ;)






ok so with ipsy every month you receive a make up bag filled with goodies, and they are normally all themed. This months theme is rock star and music. 

My bag this month is a pretty eggplant color with a record player that says Beauty Rocks and says Ipsy. 

The first item in my bag is an Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on eye pencil in black velvet. It is a BRAND NEW product that has just been released. It is a sample size but a very generous one at that. Its about 3/4 of the size of a full one. Full size retails for $20.00 

Second is the Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion we received .25 oz and considering full size is 2 oz and its $78.00 I am pleased with the .25 oz to try for myself to see if I would want to pay almost $80 for a scrub. I have not yet tried it but I have heard wonderful things about the Dr. Brandt and am very excited to test this out. 

Third is Elizabeth Mott's Pop! goes the shadow. This is a FULL size product and the color is Gorgeous. The shade is called champagne and will make a great highlight or lid color for a light natural look. This retails for $12.99 (so this product just paid for your bag) 

Fourth is Big Sexy Hair root pump volumizing spray mousse. I am very excited to try this and see if it stands up to its BIG SEXY HAIR name. This is a deluxe travel (like the ones you find up front of Ulta or Sephora, we all know that little place at the check out where they suck you in to buying a bunch of unnecessary things) Either way full size is $17.95 so this is nice to test before committing. I don't know about you but I have a bathroom full of half used products that I swore would preform miracles and they never stood up to the challenge.

Finally, is my personal favorite this month, and its a FULL SIZE Starlooks luscious long wear lip pencil. It is described as... Starlooks' Luscious, Longwear, Matte Lip Liner formula contains a Kiss-Off Resistant polymer that, when worn alone or in combination with a matte Lipstick, offers an incredible 8 hour wear - with little no need for touch-up or re-application. Comes in one, brilliant shade of nude for all skin tones!
It is truly the most beautiful "my lips but better" color that I have ever seen. It retails for $14.00  

I must say for $10.00 Ipsy has never disappointed me. Its always products I love and sometimes things I didn't think I would love and end up loving... If you are interested in trying Ipsy for your self please follow my link for more information. 



Thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a wonderful day. 

3 comments:

  1. In your opinion, is the Ipsy box worth the price? I had Birchbox and they were a huge let down. I just got my first FFF box, and I was eh about it (the turband is not exactly every day wear) and I'm waiting on my first lipfactory box. I don't have a lot of money so I can't get the popsugar box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could only get one, I would definitely get Ipsy. I get 3 and Ipsy is definitely worth the $10 considering you almost always get full size or travel size. I think I have only gotten a foil pack once and it was a high end mask so I understand why they couldn't send the full 6 pack that would come in a full size. I haven't been disappointed yet. I hope that helps you with your decision making. Birchbox is 50/50 but I love the points system for that one. I love them in their own special ways but Ipsy is definitely the best value for your buck :)

      Delete
  2. I loved my ipsy this month, too! Keep writing, I'm enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete